School Water Audit
Bathroom/Classroom :____________________ Date:_______________________________
1. How many faucets are in the room? ______
2. Do they turn off automatically? ___YES ___NO
3. How many of the faucets are leaky? _______
4. Are there signs reminding people to turn off the water? ___ Yes ___No
Location of Bathroom____________________________
1. How many faucets are in the bathroom? ______
Do the faucets turn off automatically? ___YES ___NO
2. How many of the faucets are leaky? _______
3. Are there signs reminding students to turn off the water? ___ Yes ___No
4. How many toilets leak or run? _____________
5. How many urinals are in the bathroom? ________ Are they waterless? ___________
WATER FOUNTAINS – Location (ex. Hallway, cafeteria, etc.): ____________________________
1. How many water fountains are there? _______
2. How many water fountains are leaky? ________
3. How many of the water fountains don’t work? _________
OUTDOOR WATER USE
1. Is there a rain barrel? ___ YES ___NO
If yes, what is it used for?
2. Ask your custodian or facilities person who waters the garden. Is drip irrigation used to water plants outside?
3. How often is the garden watered?
4. Walk around the schoolyard and check out the plants. Ask a teacher if there any plants that require less water in the schoolyard? (These are called drought-tolerant plants).
Please share ONE IDEA for how your school could save more water.
Download the worksheet HERE!